This easy acai bowl smoothie is healthy and yummy. Blend it up for a simple breakfast, snack or dessert. You’ll learn the basic acai bowl recipe here and then you can add or delete whatever you like! Top the bowl with fresh berries, granola, nuts and chopped fruit and discover an amazing treat!
I won’t lie… when people ask me who is the better chef in our household, I hand it over to my sweetie pie, my husband. He pretty much introduced me to fruits and vegetables (I grew up with Southern food so when he met me, I was like, “What are vegetables?”) And now, I have to say, I love fruits and vegetables. I learned early on from him that it’s about how you flavor them and cook them. He has an amazing palate and can tell immediately what’s lacking in a recipe. So I usually have to ignore the fact that I just want to hear what a great dinner I made for him, and instead try to accept his helpful comments about what a recipe needs. And sure enough, he’s usually right.
Easy Acai Bowl Smoothie
The easy acai bowl smoothie is his baby. It’s his creation. He loves smoothies and juices and often makes us some for breakfast. I have to admit that after having his smoothies, bowls and juices and then having them at cafes and juice bars, it’s really hard to like what’s out there. Some are just plain horrible… yes, I am speaking to you, lady at the counter who made us a green smoothie the other day (and I won’t say from where… let’s just say it’s a major organic food grocery chain.)
So basically, my hubby has taught me that there is a magical mix of key ingredients to make the perfect smoothie or bowl. I’m going to share the recipe for the easy acai bowl smoothie in this post, but please feel welcome to add or delete anything from the recipe. I would suggest to try the base recipe first and then go for tweaking after that. I say this only because I want you to taste the magic of this easy acai bowl!
Here’s are some tips for making the easy acai bowl smoothie:
- Blend it up with an efficient mixer like a Vitamix so you get the smoothie effect (the Vitamix breaks down the ingredients really well and it can handle tough vegetables). The motors on these things are amazing! You can get a certified refurbished Vitamix to save money!
- Use Organic and Fresh Ingredients. There is a difference and your smoothie bowl will taste that much better.
- Pick one liquid (we use almond milk), one ingredient to help things thicken (we use bananas), one ingredient to sweeten (we use honey), and one ingredient to make things stick together (we use almond butter). To make this an acai bowl, you’ll need frozen acai. It comes it packets. Then it’s a free for all… add a handful of greens, a handful of berries, a vegetable of some sort and of course protein powder, or seeds.
- Don’t wash your Vitamix with anything that will etch the inside. Use a long bottle brush to scrub it out, as the minerals from the vegetables will build up over time, causing it to cloud up.
- Use a thermal container to keep your smoothie cold so you can slowly enjoy it.
This easy acai bowl smoothie is perfect for New Year’s diets and serves as a healthy meal. You can make it thinner to turn it into a smoothie by simply adding more almond milk or thicken it up with more banana and frozen berries to turn it into a bowl. Kids and adults love the acai bowl because it’s like eating ice cream, only it’s good for you!
To garnish the acai bowl add raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries, whole frozen berries, granola, walnuts, shaved coconut, sunflower seeds, pepita seeds, whatever makes your heart sing!