These pumpkin cupcakes are made with homemade pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices. They are easy to make and perfect for family parties during the holidays!
You won’t believe how incredibly easy these pumpkin cupcakes are to make! All that’s required is butter, sugar, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, baking powder and ginger. If you love the smell of pumpkin pie baking, then you’ll love these pumpkin cupcakes! They taste just like pumpkin pie!
Here are some tips for making the perfect pumpkin cupcakes:
- Blend the butter and sugar first until it’s creamed together, and then whip the eggs in until fluffy! Fold in the dry ingredients only blending for a few seconds if necessary.
- The batter will be a little thick, but that’s okay! It bakes into a soft moist cupcake. Use an ice cream scoop with a release handle to scoop the batter into the cups. Only fill them 3/4 full!
- Feel free to add a pinch of nutmeg or clove or even pumpkin pie spice to the recipe!
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before adding frosting.
- When making the cream cheese frosting, start with a few cups of powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar) and then add more as you go until you reach the desired consistency and flavor. It’s easier to add than to subtract, but if you go overboard, you can add a tablespoon of milk or water to thin it down.
These pumpkin cupcakes make the perfect party or holiday dessert treat. Adults and kids will love the combination of pumpkin, sweet spices and the cream cheese frosting. Ohhhh man! The cream cheese frosting! If you haven’t tried cream cheese frosting yet, then these are the perfect dessert for you. The cream cheese frosting recipe included below is my go to frosting for carrot cakes and spice cakes. It’s so simple to make and whips up into a fluffy, yummy, Heavenly topping.
For this recipe, I also love to make fresh pumpkin puree, but you are more than welcome to use canned pumpkin puree. During the Fall months, we harvest our pumpkins and decorate them with construction paper faces for Halloween so they keep until November for Thanksgiving pies and treats. Making your own puree is easy, AND you can make roasted cinnamon pumpkin seeds at the same time as well! Such a delight!
Here’s the recipe for the pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting recipe: