This is the perfect instant pizza sauce recipe for your make-at-home pizza nights! It’s full of zesty Italian herbs and fresh organic ingredients. Your house will smell amazing as this sauce simmers on the stove!
Perfect Instant Pizza Sauce
I’m always frustrated when I look up pizza sauce recipes and find that they ALL include tomato paste. What ISSSS tomato paste anyway? Just kidding, I know what it is. It’s just every time I’ve wanted to experiment with pizza at home, I’m always feeling limited by these recipes calling out for tomato paste… well you know what that means! Yep, inner rebel must prove there is another way! And sure enough, after experimenting, I stumbled upon this perfect instant pizza sauce. The reason I call it perfect is because it is so easy to make. Yes, in my world, easy equates with perfect!
What’s in the Perfect Instant Pizza Sauce?
Do you see all those beautiful colors? That’s what you get when you cook your pizza sauce at home!!! We use organic heirloom tomatoes, garlic, white onion, bell pepper, fresh Basil (from the garden), Herbs de Provence, Oregano, salt, lemon pepper and grape seed oil and olive oil. These are simple, fresh ingredients that come together to make an organic pizza sauce that you will instantly love. It’s full of flavor and texture and simmers while you prep your pizza. I love how easily this recipe came together and couldn’t believe how amazing it smelled! Mmmmm, is it time for pizza again?
Tips for making the perfect instant pizza sauce
- Heat chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and herbs, in a pan with grape seed oil and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low, allowing the tomatoes to break down. Continue stirring and breaking them apart so they don’t stick to the pan.
- Add the chopped onion and bell pepper and continue simmering until the onions soften a bit. This is a Southern cooking trick passed down to me from my grandma. Her original recipe calls for heating these ingredients in butter, but I have been using grape seed oil as an alternative because it heats more evenly and doesn’t burn in the pan. Olive oil will heat up faster than grape seed oil, so you’ll want to add it in later for flavor 😉
- Once the onions have softened completely, add minced garlic, garlic powder and olive oil at this point to keep the ingredients more on the liquid side.
- Feel free to add a few tablespoons of water and olive oil to keep the sauce simmering.
- Once the ingredients are combined and softened, add fresh chopped basil to the perfect instant pizza sauce. Enjoy this sauce on top of your favorite pizza dough or try it on our instant beer pizza dough!
You will love how easy this recipe is to make and it’s perfect for pizza night with the kids! I have fond memories of watching my grandma make sauces from scratch. And you won’t believe how incredibly better this pizza sauce tastes because it’s made with fresh ingredients! Here’s the recipe for the Perfect Instant Pizza Sauce: