These Pecan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are simple to make and require a special secret ingredient that is found seasonally! But don’t fret, we’ve got a backup recipe so you can make these even if you don’t have access to the secret. Bake these pumpkin muffins as a morning treat or have them with coffee as a dessert.
Pecan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Your house will smell amazing as you bake up these Pecan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins. They are moist and full of fall flavors. Pumpkin spices will fill the air and everyone in your family will come running for these yummy muffins. You can turn them into a dessert treat by adding a simple cream cheese frosting to the top. Or leave them as a muffin and enjoy for breakfast. Either way, you will find them irresistible!
Secret Ingredient in the Pecan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
I love shopping at Trader Joe’s this time of year because the minute you walk in the door, the fall spices lure you in. I can’t help but get excited looking at all the pumpkin flavored everything! One of my absolute favorite items Trader’s carries is the Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancake Mix. Not only does it make amazing pumpkin spice flavored pancakes, but you can use it to make Pumpkin Cookies, Pumpkin Cupcakes, Pumpkin Bread, just about anything you can imagine. The Pumpkin Pancake Mix is the secret ingredient in the Pecan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins, and I do add some flour to make them, but I’m sure you could substitute with other gluten free items as well.
*If you don’t have access to the Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancake Mix, you can use the Pumpkin Cupcakes recipe found here made with pumpkin puree and spices (which are pretty easy to find) and then just add pecans and chocolate chips. They will come out just as amazing!
Tips for Making the Pecan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- If you are using the Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancake Mix for these muffins, you won’t need to add additional fall spices. The mix is already spiced (yum)!
- Lightly spray your muffin paper cups with non-stick spray to make removing the muffins easier.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until smooth.
- Then add eggs, baking powder and oil and continue to mix until a little fluffy.
- Fold in the flour and pumpkin pancake mix with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter using an ice cream scoop to get the perfect amount.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick or sharp knife inserted comes out clean.
Here’s the recipe for the Pecan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins: