These green mint chocolate chip cookies are a St. Patrick’s Day spin on a traditional cookie. They are chunky and soft and made with peppermint and chunks of chocolate. If you are a fan of mint ice cream, Andes mints, or anything mint and chocolate, then you’ll want to bake up a batch of these cookies for the upcoming Irish holiday!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
One of my favorite flavor combos is mint and chocolate. For those of you who have tried the mint chocolate cupcakes, you know how amazing well these flavors come together! And these mint chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make. You probably have most of the ingredients at home already. All you need is flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, vanilla, an egg, chocolate chips or chunks, mint extract or peppermint oil, and green food coloring.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day Parties!
If you are hosting a St. Patrick’s Day gathering, these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect sweet treat. You can make them ahead of time and even make the dough the night before and then bake them in the oven the morning of your party to make you house smell amazing. Who doesn’t love the smell of mint and chocolate baking up in the oven?!?
But seriously, these are the perfect party treat because guests can grab as many as they like. And you can easily double the ingredients to make more of these green mint chocolate chip cookies.
Tips for Making the Perfect Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie
- As with any chocolate chip cookie dough, make sure to add your flour in last and add a touch of flour at a time until the dough starts to gather together and become more on the stiff side.
- For fun, add chopped Andes mints or mint chips to the cookie dough. You could also chop up a dark chocolate bar for more flavor! Yummmmy!
- Bake the dough balls on parchment paper for easier clean up.
- Form the dough balls and then smash them down a bit to help the cookie flatten out. Or if you like a puffier cookie, leave them in the ball shape!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack. They taste amazing warm out of the oven!
Here’s the recipe for the Perfect Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies: