Are you having pumpkin pie or pecan pie for Thanksgiving dessert? Why not have both in one pie?!? These Mini Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pies make the perfect Fall dessert treat! They taste AMAZING!
Mini Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pies
Okay, just looking at the pictures makes me want to go grab one of these and eat it! These mini caramel pumpkin pecan pies are so easy to make. You can bake them up the day before Thankgiving and have your pie requirement done! You could also do full pies with this recipe instead of mini pies. I’ve been on the kick of mini pies because when I make a batch, I can wrap them up in batches of 2-4 and give them away to family and friends.
These pies are simple to make and can be made with our Perfectly Flaky All-Butter Pie Crust Dough recipe. That pie dough recipe literally comes together in minutes in a food processor. You can also use this amazing homemade caramel sauce recipe to drizzle on top. And I won’t stop you from eating this with some ice cream or whip cream!
These Mini Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pies are made in a few easy steps. Basically, you roll out the pie dough. Then you cut out circles and place the little rounds into the cupcake pan. Next you whip up the pumpkin pie filling. Fill up the pie shells. Bake up the pies. Add a layer of yummy maple pecans and bake some more. And voila! Yummy mini pies ready to serve at your Thanksgiving feast.
Here are some tips when making the Mini Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pies:
- Don’t roll out your dough too thin. It helps if you keep the dough thick enough to hold the weight of the pie filling. Plus, who doesn’t love pie crust!
- Spray the cupcake pan with non-stick spray to make removing the mini pies easier.
- Don’t overfill the cups with pie filling. Only fill about 2/3 full. The pie filling puffs a little when it bakes.
- Bake the pies for about an hour, but add more time if the crust is not done. Many people under bake crust. It should be a golden brown and be stiff. If you take the pan out and lift out a mini pie, check to see if the crust looks browned underneath. If it isn’t, bake a little longer. Allowing it to bake longer is what gives it that crisp flakiness.
- Store the pies in containers in the fridge for up to a week. They make great breakfast treats as well as yummy desserts.
Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving! Here is the recipe for the Mini Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pies: