This Jack Daniel’s Bacon Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect comfort food for fall weather or as a side any time of year for dinner. It’s loaded with lots of melted cheese and Chipotles Adobe Chilies for a little kick.
Jack Daniel’s Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
This Jack Daniel’s Bacon Macaroni and Cheese dish is simple to make and will be loved by everyone. It works well as a side dish as well as a complete dinner all by itself. Who doesn’t love a big bowl of mac and cheese after a long day?
The best part about this homemade Mac and Cheese dish is the addition of the Chilpotles Adobe Chilies to give it a little spicy kick. You can always omit the chilies if you aren’t a spicy fan. I have to say that I’m not big on spicy dishes, but adobe chilies have become one of my favorites to cook with because they add a sweet smoky flavor. You can add them to scrambled eggs or just about anything. I even puree them and then freeze the puree in Ziplock bags so I can add spice to a dish in a heartbeat.
What’s in Jack Daniel’s Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
It wouldn’t be Jack Daniel’s Bacon Macaroni and Cheese without the Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, Bacon and three (that’s right THREE) different cheeses! The sauce is made with chicken broth, butter, paprika, garlic powder, Chilpotles Adobe Chilies puree, Worcestershire sauce, milk and of course CHEESE! This easy mac and cheese dish is loaded with Cheddar, Provolone and Asiago cheese. Asiago can be hard to find in some stores and can be substituted with Colby Jack if you like. Once the creamy cheese sauce is fully combined and added to your elbow pasta, simply top with crunchy croutons and then try not to fall in love!
Tips for Making Jack Daniel’s Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- Cook the Elbow Pasta to al dente (meaning a little chewy). Later on, you will be cooking the pasta a few more minutes in the sauce so it will soften up.
- Pre-chop bacon into small pieces and cook until crisp.
- While the bacon cooks, shred all those wonderful cheeses.
- Reserve some bacon drippings to make the sauce. Make sure to wipe the pan down to avoid flames from your burner.
- Combine the butter, flour, paprika, garlic powder, Chilpotles Adobe Chili Pepper puree, Worcestershire, Jack Daniel’s Whiskey and chicken broth and whisk until bubbling. Add milk, then add cheese and stir until smooth.
- Add pasta to sauce and add bacon. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken and pasta softens.
- Sprinkle with croutons and enjoy the Jack Daniel’s Bacon Macaroni and Cheese!
How to make a bigger serving of the Jack Daniel’s Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe can be doubled by simply using twice the ingredients. If the sauce becomes too thick, simply add a 1/2 cup more of milk at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
Tips for Reheating the Jack Daniels Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
Store the macaroni and cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and add 1/2 cup milk at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. Enjoy!