One of the easiest recipes you will ever make… this instant beer pizza dough comes together in just a few minutes on those nights when you are craving pizza! Make it with your kids and enjoy pizza night!
Instant Beer Pizza Dough
We are lovers of pizza in this family. We have pizza about once a week, and we are always trying out new recipes for pizza dough. Most of the recipes we have tried require some lead time for rising, but we stumbled upon a simple recipe that comes together fast. All you need is a can of light beer, flour, salt, sugar, and some baking powder and you are set!
What does beer pizza dough taste like?
The original beer pizza dough recipe we found did not include sugar. So we baked it up and the beer flavor was pretty strong in the pizza crust. I had a feeling with a little tweaking, we would get the recipe right, and a few tablespoons of sugar and the right pizza sauce turned this into one of our favorite dinner recipes.
I make a home made pizza sauce which comes together very easily as well, but if you are looking to make this beer pizza dough recipe quickly, then use a store bought pizza sauce and make sure to add more oregano. The additional Italian herbs in the sauce works with the sweet flavoring of the beer to turn this recipe into something spectacular!
Tips for Making the Instant Beer Pizza Dough
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl first and then add the beer.
- Flour your hands and your work surface, as the dough will be a bit sticky.
- Don’t be afraid to toss flour onto the dough as you kneed it to keep it from sticking.
- This recipe makes two medium thin crust pizzas, or two small cast iron pizzas.
- Use a pizza stone or a cast iron skillet to make your pizza come out perfect! The pizza stone will produce a more flat, crisper pizza dough. The cast iron skillet bakes up a softer, thicker crust. I’m personally in love with the cast iron pizzas. They come out perfectly round and store perfectly in a large Ziplock bag for leftover pizza the next day.
- Sprinkle corn meal onto the pizza stone or cast iron skillet to keep the dough from sticking.
What kind of beers work well in this Instant Beer Pizza Dough Recipe?
Any of your favorite light beers work well in this recipe. We use an IPA from Trader Joe’s and the flavor of the beer is present, but you can experiment with the amount of sugar and herbs you use to accentuate the beer flavor. I use about 3 teaspoons of sugar in the dough recipe and 3 teaspoons of oregano plus 3 teaspoons of an Italian herb mix in the pizza sauce I make. You could also add the herbs right into the flour and mix them into the dough!