These Homemade Healthy Energy Crackers are made with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and coconut oil. They are sweetened with just a bit of maple syrup. Learn to make this yummy energy cracker recipe at Sweetie Pie and Cupcakes!
So I’ve been really wanting to make my own granola bars for awhile now, but I’ve been putting it off. Then, we went to the pie contest and there was this gal with a Vegan booth selling little cheese and cracker kits at her booth. I kept the packaging and realized her crackers were just made with lots and lots of seeds. She used coconut oil as the sweetener and binder and flavored the crackers with a few spices. I decided to give these crackers a whirl and when all said and done, they reminded me of granola bars 🙂 (I guess I was really wanting to get to that granola bar making!)
The nice thing about this Homemade Healthy Energy Cracker Recipe is that you can make them any way you like them! There are endless combinations of flavors you could try. AND they are packed with so much nutrition and yumminess.
The best part about these crackers is they store nicely. You can make them ahead of time and then take them with you hiking or camping or for long road trips. They will give you a much needed boost of energy when you need it most!
If you want to try a few different flavor combinations, simply make the recipe and then divide out the mixture into separate bowls. Then start adding your favorite nuts, spices, and dried fruits!
Here is a list of some recipes to try with these homemade healthy energy crackers:
- Rosemary and Garlic– just add 2 tablespoons of chopped Rosemary and 1/4 to a 1/2 a teaspoon of Garlic to the basic cracker recipe.
- Pumpkin Spice– Add 1 tablespoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice or combine Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Clove to create a Fall Spice Cracker. Sweeten it up with a tablespoon of brown sugar. (This is one of my favorites! They smell amazing when they are baking and would make a great Fall treat or appetizer at your holiday parties.)
- Honey, Raisin, Cinnamon, Oat– Add 1 tablespoon of Honey, a handful of Raisins, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and more oats to the recipe. This one will taste like an oatmeal cookie!
- Nuts and Peanut Butter– Chop up your favorite nuts, such as pecan, walnut, almonds, peanuts or cashews and add them to the recipe with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter. Yum!!!
- Dark Cherry and Chocolate– Add 1/2 cup chopped dried dark cherries and chopped dark chocolate to the cracker mixture. I love the sweetness of this combination!!!
You may have noticed the cheese plate beside the cracker dish. I was very excited to discover Cashew Cheese from our Vegan friend as well! Now that I have learned about Cashew Cheese, I am coming up with all kinds of yummy healthy recipes! One is a Cashew Cheesecake that I made with cashew cheese, almond butter, honey, and coconut oil. I will be posting this recipe very soon and I promise you, it was amazing!!!
For now, I paired up the Homemade Healthy Energy Crackers with the Cashew Cheese to give you a little taste of what we sampled and fell in love with. The Cashew cheese is made with processed cashews, lemon juice, salt and water. Find our recipe for cashew cheese here. I topped it with dill and pomegranate seeds for added flavor. The energy crackers with the cashew cheese makes for a super healthy snack that you and your family will love!
I must say how excited I am to be trying all these more healthy treats lately! My energy feels so different and I don’t have that tired feeling after eating something loaded with carbs. I like walking away from a meal feeling satisfied and energetic and these Homemade Healthy Energy Crackers are doing the trick.
The energy crackers remind me of the healthy crackers from one of my favorite shops in Sedona, The ChocolaTree. If you have not visited this cute little cafe, you must give it a try and make sure to walk all the way to the back and sit on the back patio. The owner always greets us with a smile and we love spending time there after a long hike up one of the beautiful Red Rocks. If you venture to Sedona anytime soon, please get in contact with our friend Peter Alan Gersten and he will offer you a free hike up Bell Rock or any of the other Vortex’s you are wanting to try! Tell him Mandy sent you 🙂
Here’s the recipe for the Homemade Healthy Energy Crackers: