These ham cheese rollups make the perfect party food or appetizer because they are super easy to make. The combination of toasted ham and melted cheese rolled up in a soft buttery crescent roll will have all of your guests drooling!
These baked ham cheese rollups are the perfect appetizer or snack and they always seem to please a crowd at our parties or events. They are made with Pillsbury Crescent Dough, Black Forest Ham slices and Swiss Cheese. We also drizzle on a yummy buttery sauce made with butter, Dijon mustard, herbs and Worcestershire sauce. This sauce bakes right into the ham cheese rollups and makes them taste amazing!
If you haven’t tried this ham cheese rollups recipe for a party yet, definitely give them a try! When I make them, I go for the Nitrate free ham because I notice it’s easier on our stomachs. You could also try different flavors and spices with the ham cheese rollups (or often called ham cheese pinwheels because of their shape).
Here are a few flavor ideas and baking tips for when you are making the ham cheese rollups:
- Buy quality ham, nitrate free or deli fresh ham.
- Try out different cheeses. You could do Swiss cheese or Cheddar cheese. Pick what you love!
- Try different spices for different flavors. We love Herbs de Provence, but you could also try poppy seeds or garlic.
- When you are working with the dough, don’t fiddle with it too long or it will start to become hard to work with. Just pinch the perforations quickly and lay on the ham and cheese and roll it up.
- Bake the rollups in a Pyrex dish so you can check them underneath while in the dish. Once they have baked for 25 minutes, check the dough by pressing into it with a fork. The rollups on the inside may not be done yet, so make sure to bake them until all of the rollups are firm and the dough is browning.
These ham cheese rollups make a great appetizer or snack for a baby shower, birthday, holiday party or event. They are quick and easy to make and serve up easily. Guests can grab them and eat them in their hands and they will love the combination of meat and melted cheese!
Here’s the recipe for the ham cheese rollups: