Tender and full of flavor, this easy skillet roasted chicken recipe is a winner for dinner. This classic meal is great for family dinners or perfect for snacking on throughout the busy week.
Easy Skillet Roasted Chicken
There’s nothing like the smell of fresh oven roasted chicken to bring the family running for dinner. I’m loving this easy skillet roasted chicken recipe because the chicken comes out juicy and golden brown. The combination of a fresh organic roasted chicken with a salad and some veggies makes for a healthy dinner combo.
The outside of the chicken is crisped and rich because it’s baked with a coating of butter, salt and pepper. You can make a simple gravy by adding chicken stock, white wine and a little flour to the pan afterwards. Get ready to drizzle this flavorful gravy on top of the easy skillet roasted chicken and you’ll think you’d have died and gone to Heaven!
Cooking Chicken in a Cast Iron Skillet
Anytime I get to cook in the Cast Iron Skillet, I consider it it a treat! There’s something very nostalgic about skillet baking for me. I have lots of memories of breakfasts being made in the cast iron skillet. Cooking Chicken in a Cast Iron Skillet is easy and the cleanup is super simple. If you have seasoned your skillet properly, the roasted chicken should come out easily. And cleanup requires just a simple scrubbing and re-seasoning. Here’s a simple tutorial on how to season a cast iron skillet.
Tips for Making the Easy Skillet Roasted Chicken
- Use a Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet– it makes for easier cleanup!
- Rinse the chicken and tie (truss) the legs and wings in close with thread- this helps to lock in the juices.
- Butter, salt and pepper the chicken and place breast-side up in the cast iron skillet.
- Roast the chicken at a higher temperature for the first 20 minutes and then reduce heat for another hour to 90 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- When done, move the chicken to a cutting board and tent with foil for 15 to 20 minutes. Allowing it to rest further locks in the juices.
- Make the gravy with the remaining juices in the cast iron skillet. Enjoy!
- This easy skillet roasted chicken recipe creates a perfect dinner for a family of four, or cook the whole chicken to snack on for the week. The leftovers can be refrigerated and work great used in soups, sandwiches, and other dinner and lunch recipes.