This is one of my favorite recipes because all you need is a Crockpot, some chicken, BBQ sauce and orange marmalade. It’s an easy orange chicken recipe that the whole family will love!
This is an easy and tasty chicken dinner that is one of our family favorites. I know your family and kids will love it because it’s BBQ chicken with a sweet twist! You can start the crock pot in the afternoon and by dinner time, you have a delicious meal! We usually serve up the orange chicken with brown rice and veggies to complete the meal.
The basic ingredients for the easy orange chicken is cubed chicken, BBQ sauce, orange marmalade and soy sauce. You can spice it up by adding your favorite hot sauce or chili peppers.
Here is a list of additional ways to cook up your orange chicken:
- Add Sriracha and red chili peppers to the orange chicken recipe for a spicy version.
- Chop onions and bell pepper and add them to the slow cooker orange chicken for more flavor.
- Cook the orange chicken on low for the day if you need to start the recipe in the morning.
- The orange chicken goes perfectly with rice, so simply start your rice in a rice cooker about half an hour before you eat dinner.
- This chicken recipe goes wonderfully with steamed broccoli or carrots as a vegetable side.
Here’s the recipe for the easy orange chicken cooked in the Crockpot: