This easy crockpot chicken soup makes a healthy and delicious dinner for the whole family. Make a big batch and freeze it for easy meals during sick days.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Soup
It’s officially winter and there’s nothing better to warm you up than chicken soup. This easy crockpot chicken soup recipe is one of our family favorites because you can eat it as is, or you can add egg noodles or any other veggies to it. It’s the perfect meal for cold days or as an easy comforting dinner when you or a loved one gets sick.
With this easy crockpot chicken soup, you can either add pre-cooked shredded chicken or you can place the raw chicken in the crockpot and start to cook it first. Heat it for the first hour on high and then add in the chicken broth stock and veggies. The chicken will cook through in the crockpot. I tend to have pre-cooked chicken on hand for dinners throughout the week, so I just throw it in the crockpot as a soup. Of course, you can change up this recipe and use any leftover turkey or ham from Thanksgiving or Christmas as well!
Here are some tips for when you make the easy crockpot chicken soup:
- Heat the crockpot on high for the first hour and then turn to low and let everything simmer together for hours. The flavors or the veggies and chicken will combine to make that yummy perfect soup.
- Grill the chopped veggies in a pan with a little olive oil to add even more flavor. I love the flavor of caramelized onions in my soups and gumbos.
- If you are really pressed for time and need to just dump everything in the crockpot and go, then do it! Luckily, with this easy crockpot chicken soup, you CAN just chop everything and dump it in the crockpot and set it to medium low and let it cook! I just suggest grilling the veggies and chicken ahead of time for added flavor!
- Use low sodium chicken broth. It’s better for you and you can always add more salt to your liking!
- Freeze batches of the soup in quart Ziplock freezer safe bags. This way when you are feeling tired, run down, or sick, you can just run it under warm water for a minute, slip the frozen chunk of soup into a pot, cover it and put it on low heat for a few minutes and then you’ve got a healthy yummy homemade dinner!
Here’s the recipe for the easy crockpot chicken soup: