This Easy Crockpot Chicken Potato Parmesan Dinner takes just a few minutes to prep. Everyone in the family will love the melt in your mouth chicken thighs, buttery red potatoes and shaved Parmesan cheese. This dinner meal is a winner with adults and kids alike!
Easy Crockpot Chicken Potato Parmesan Dinner
If you are looking for a super simple meal that is loaded with all your favorites, try this easy Crockpot Chicken Potato Parmesan Dinner. The prep work takes hardly any time, and the slow cooker does all the work for you. Your family will think you slaved over the stove for hours!
There are a few tricks to making this chicken dinner recipe come out perfect in the slow cooker. These tips tend to be universal for Crock pot recipes, and with experimenting, I’ve found them to help add flavor and keep meats tender.
- Brown the chicken or meat in a frying pan first for a few minutes before adding to the slow cooker. This will seal in the juices and also create a browned crust that provides loads of flavor to your meal.
- Saute onions, peppers and any other flavorful veggies in a frying pan before adding the the slow cooker to add flavor. This is a great trick for soups, stews and gumbo recipes!
- You don’t need to add any liquids. The chicken produces its own juices as it cooks.
- Set the slow cooker on high the first hour and then turn to low for the rest of the time. This way, the cooker heats up and gets everything cooking and then all of the ingredients can combine slowly.
- Add cheese last. Wait until the chicken and potatoes are completely cooked and then before serving up this dish, add cheese on top. The heat will melt the cheese for you.
Tools used in this Easy Crockpot Chicken Potato Parmesan Dinner Recipe:
Newer Fancier Crockpot with Browning and Baking Availability: If you are wanting less pans to clean, then try out this updated version of the Crock pot which is also programmable! You can even cook bread in this one! This is like having a whole other oven in your kitchen because it’s so versatile.
I’ll usually make a large portion of this easy crockpot chicken potato parmesan dinner knowing that the leftovers are amazing. Simply store them in a container and then heat in a pan and in minutes you have another dinner! A green veggie like asparagus or Brussel Sprouts go great with this meal.
Here’s the recipe for the slow cooker chicken potato parmesan dinner: