This easy crockpot baked chicken recipe is one of our family favorites. The chicken comes out tender and juicy and all you have to do is throw it in the slow cooker! It’s a win win for you and the family!
Easy Crockpot Baked Chicken
You won’t believe how incredibly easy this crockpot baked chicken recipe is. All you have to do is lay the chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker, salt and pepper the chicken and turn the dial to medium or low. After 4-6 hours, you will have deliciously tender, juicy chicken. The top of the chicken even get turns golden and the skin will crisp up, just like if you baked it in the oven.
I love making this easy crockpot baked chicken for the start of our week. I bake a bunch of thighs (because we love dark meat), and keep them in the refrigerator for easy dinners throughout the week. I’ll use this baked chicken in tacos or enchiladas, over rice and veggies, in soup, with BBQ sauce, on top of pasta… the dinner ideas are endless! I’ll think you’ll find this to be one of your family favorites, not only because the chicken comes out tasting so great, but because it’s so easy to make AND it’s healthy (even organic if you buy organic chicken)!
Here are some great tips for cooking your easy crockpot baked chicken:
- Place the chicken skin side up in the crockpot. You don’t need to turn the chicken over. And the skin will turn a little crispy towards the end of the cook time.
- Don’t add water! You don’t need to add anything to the crockpot. The chicken is juicy enough that within the first hour, it will start producing it’s own juices that will help it to cook. Add any seasonings you and your family love. We add salt and pepper, but feel free to squeeze in some lemon juice or sprinkle in some garlic salt.
- If you need the chicken to cook faster, set the heat to medium or high for 2-4 hours. If you don’t need it right away, let it cook on low for 4-6 hours. It will get more tender the longer you leave it in the crockpot. Play with it a few times to get your favorite outcome. I love it on low for about 5 hours. It comes out juicy and tender with a golden top!
- Spread the chicken on the bottom layer of the crockpot. It’s okay for pieces to layer on top of each other a bit because they will shrink up a little during cooking.
- If you are making this into a dinner, during the last half hour, add anything you like to the crockpot. Stir in some BBQ sauce for BBQ chicken! Add in some broccoli or veggies to cook in the juices along with the chicken and then add over rice! Whatever you have leftover, simply store in ziplock bags and freeze or refrigerate for lunch or dinners.
Here’s the recipe for the Easy Crockpot Baked Chicken: