This chicken with mushrooms in white wine sauce is an easy dinner that is full of flavor and healthy too. Serve it with your favorite grilled vegetables for a first class meal made at home.
Cooking Organic Mushrooms in White Wine
The chicken with mushrooms in white wine sauce is an incredibly simple dinner to make. Pan seared chicken thighs cook up in just minutes and turn out tender and juicy. The mushrooms are grilled in garlic, shallots and white wine. When you combine the two, the result is an amazing dish that tastes like it was made in a 5 star restaurant!
We use organic ingredients for most of our meals as we find the flavors to be more accurate and fresh. You can use little crimini, portobello or white button mushrooms for this recipe. These are actually all the same variety of mushroom, just picked at different ages. The white button mushroom is the youngest. The portobello is the oldest. And the crimini is the middle aged mushroom and can often be found as baby bellas or baby portobellos in the store.
Chicken with Mushrooms in White Wine Sauce
The secret to this recipe is in the white wine sauce. I will admit that there is nothing better than cooking mushrooms in a pan with some butter. Your house will smell amazing as the mushrooms become tender and brown. But if you want to really start drooling, add white wine! Yes, I’m talking the good stuff. I used a Sauvignon Blanc, but you can use any dry white wine. White wines that work well for cooking are Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Semillon, and dry sparkling wines. Dry white wines tend to not be too sweet, but they are high in acidity (and acid is what you want to make your dishes taste amazing). I’ve talked about using half a lemon squeezed over your meats or veggies to create the same effect!
Tips for making chicken with mushrooms in white wine sauce:
- Start by grilling the chicken in a pan with about a 1/2 cup of water and some olive oil. Turn the chicken after about 5 minutes and cook until the chicken just barely starts to brown.
- While the chicken cooks, slice the mushrooms, garlic and shallots. Roast the shallots in the pan with some olive oil. Add the garlic for just a minute. Then add in the mushrooms and butter. Mix the shallots and garlic into the mushrooms and allow the mushrooms to cook down. They will reduce in size and also brown.
- Once the mushrooms are browned, add in the white wine and chicken stock.
- Shred the chicken into large chunks, and combine with the mushrooms. Drizzle the juice of half a lemon over the entire dish. Add salt and pepper. Garnish with Cilantro or Parsley.
- Grill veggies in a separate pan while the chicken, mushrooms and sauces are combining.
Easy Chicken Dinner
This chicken with mushrooms in white wine sauce comes together in about 20 minutes. It’s super simple to make and freezes easily. Cook up a large portion and store half of it in the freezer for a busy day. Simply take it out of the freezer, dump it in a pan, add a little water and cover. Heat on low to thaw it out and increase heat for about 7 to 10 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.