This easy to make baked mustard chicken is a healthy variation of fried chicken. Your entire family will love how delicious this chicken tastes and you will love how simple it is to make!
Baked Mustard Chicken
You know when you get a craving for fried chicken, but you just don’t want to deal with the oil and cleanup? Well, this baked mustard chicken is the perfect alternative! It’s so easy to make and it’s way more healthy for you. The chicken bakes up in the oven and comes out juicy and tender. The homemade breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard and Italian spices used in this recipe are a great combination and provide lots of flavor!
This baked mustard chicken recipe is a hit with kids and adults and makes for a great dinner or party dish. You can prep it ahead of time and then pop it in the oven when your guests arrive.
If you are looking for an Italian style meat to put over your favorite pasta dish, this baked mustard chicken recipe works great with chicken breasts or thighs. Simply boil your pasta and sauce while you bake the chicken and then serve the chicken on top of the pasta. YUMMY Italian dinner for the whole family!
Here are some tips when making the baked mustard chicken:
- Use your favorite Italian bread crumbs to make it easier. We’ve included a homemade bread crumb recipe here, but if you don’t have the time to make bread crumbs, just buy them pre-made.
- Use a really yummy Dijon mustard. We use Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7. This has been our favorite Dijon mustard for as long as I can remember. We use it in all sorts of recipes and on sandwiches.
- Bake the chicken in a Pyrex dish. Some of our chicken recipes call for baking the chicken on a wire rack. This recipe is different. Bake it right on the dish so it can retain all those lovely juices!
- Turn the chicken halfway through. By turning the chicken, you can get a nice even golden browning all the way around.
- Serve the chicken with more Dijon mustard or some Ranch Dressing. This chicken recipe goes well with pasta dishes and as a stand alone dinner. Serve baked mustard chicken drumsticks at your next party as an easy grab party food!