You will love the taste of this 3 Day Carrot Orange Juice Detox drink as it provides you with nutrients while it cleanses your body of toxins. January is National Fat Free Living month. What better way to shed those unwanted pounds from the holidays than to make a healthy drink that nourishes your body while it cleanses!
3 Day Carrot Orange Juice Detox
Ok, I honestly don’t know where I would be without my health nut hubby. I know where I’d be… off eating pizza and stuffing my mouth with cupcakes all day long 😉 Jokes aside, I am truly grateful he is in my life. He introduced me to veggies and healthy eating in probably the most magical way anyone could, by making it TASTE GOOD! The taste of healthier food can really make or break someone trying to convert to a healthier lifestyle or diet plan. And I’m here to tell you that you only need a few essential things that can make your healthy foods taste amazing.
What’s in the detox drink
The secret to tasty healthy food is in the flavor. Here at Sweetie Pie and Cupcakes, we talk about the three essentials to making your food go from bland to tasty. And those are a fat, an acid and a spice or flavor. In the case of the 3 Day Carrot Orange Juice Detox, the secret is the apple and lemon. We use the apple to sweeten the drink and the lemon provides the acid which is sour. So what’s going on in your mouth is a party of sweet and sour all while you are getting your veggies!
How to Make Healthy Juice Taste Good
So really, what’s happening is there are all these taste receptors on your tongue. And different flavors activate different receptors. When multiple receptors are triggered, your overall taste perception becomes enhanced. So the key is activating different parts of your taste receptors! Lemon happens to be one of the easiest ways to get a sour taste (and they happen to be really good for you), so voila!
Happy Healthy Fit Body- Juicing Makes You Feel Good!
If you have been getting sick or feeling sluggish and tired after all the holiday craze, then juicing is a great way to cleanse and restore your body to optimal health. This 3 Day Carrot Orange Juice Detox is packed with nutrients and helps your body rid itself of toxins. I love doing this juice drink for three days in a row for breakfast, replacing my normal breakfast of cereal or eggs and toast. It gives me a boost for the day and gives me plenty of energy. The great thing about this juice is it tastes good and it doesn’t make you feel bloated or gassy. If you have been eating a lot of breads, pastries or pastas, try doing this 3 day juice detox and see how great you feel!
Tips for Making the 3 Day Carrot Orange Juice Detox Drink:
- Get a high quality masticating juicer which runs at a low speed. The reason behind this is the lower speed protects and maintains the healthy enzymes and prevents oxidation. So technically, you could store your juice for up to 72 hours.
- Get a dual stage juicer. So basically, you want the juicer to first crush the fruit or veggies and then also squeeze the juice out completely. This results in more of that yummy juice!
- When you are adding the fruits and veggies, slice them thin enough to fit into the feeder tube. And then use the push stick to guide the veggies into the crusher.
- Mix up the veggies and fruits going in so the juice mixes as you make it.
- Make sure to use something to sweeten the juice, like apples and something to give it a tart taste such as lemons. Remember the key to great tasting healthy foods is to activate many parts of the tongue’s taste receptors!
- Drink the juice for 3 days to benefit from the nutrients entering your blood stream fast. When you juice, you remove the pulp so you don’t load up the digestive tract.
- Make the entire recipe included here and save the juice in the fridge to drink for three days. It’s usually best to drink homemade juice within 24 hours, but with this lower speed juicer, the drink should not oxidize as quickly. You may need to drink the juice within a day if you have a higher speed juicer.