Looking for an easy gift idea to make for a bunch of friends and family all at once? This DIY Lavender Epsom Salt Soak great homemade gift idea is the perfect present. Your friends and family will appreciate the soothing effects of this soak after all the holiday shopping!
DIY Lavender Epsom Salt Soak Great Homemade Gift Idea
Yep, it’s here! The holidays are in full force! I know because I just went out to try to buy dog food and ended up in holiday rush traffic the entire day! Mental note to self: next year, stock up on dog food AND people food two weeks before Christmas! If you are like me and you feel the effects of all the rushing around, why not treat yourself and your friends and family to this wonderful DIY Lavender Epsom Salt Soak Great Homemade Gift Idea. They will love you and sing praises your way after sitting in a hot bath with this easy to make soak!
You won’t believe how easy and inexpensive this salt soak is to make. And you can even use recycled jars to hold the mixture. The great thing about this gift is everyone can appreciate it, women, men, children, young, old, retired, busy. It’s made with Lavender oil which helps to calm anxiety. The Epsom salt, baking soda and Kosher or pink salt will not only relax tired muscles, but heal and sooth dry skin!
Here are some tips when making the DIY Lavender Epsom Salt Soak Great Homemade Gift Idea:
- Save large food jars so you can recycle them and use them to store the salt soak mixture.
- Make a large batch of the DIY Lavender Epsom Salt Soak and then use a funnel or scoop to make all your gifts at once.
- Add essential oils to boost the healing powers of your salt soak. Try different oil blends to make different combinations. Depending on the blend, they can help with everything from relaxation, better sleep, clearing the mind, rejuvenation and even clearing up a stuffy nose.
- An all-purpose bath salt soak is made up of 2 parts Epsom Salt, 2 Parts Kosher Salt or Pink Salt Chunks, and 1 Part baking soda. Add 5-10 drops of oils from there.
- Keep a container of the Salt Soak on hand pre-made for times when you need to relax and take a warm bath or as an emergency gift to make for a friend.
Here’s the recipe for the DIY Lavender Epsom Salt Soak Great Homemade Gift Idea:
- In a bowl, combine the salts and baking soda.
- Use a funnel to pour the salt mixture into each jar. If using rock pink salt, add the chunks into the jar first and pour the mixture into the jar.
- Add 5 drops of Lavender essential oil to each jar. Put the lid on and shake the mixture.
- Store the salt soak in a cool dark place.
- Use 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of the salt soak in a warm bath.
Here are some essential oil mixtures you might love: