Getting ready for Superbowl? Here’s a great treat that’s sure to please the crowd, Chocolate Football Cake Pops. You can use any chocolate cake recipe or box mix and combine it with buttercream frosting, and voila, cute little football cake pops!
I used my favorite dark chocolate from Trader Joe’s for the outside coating of the football party treat. Simply set a Pyrex dish on top of a pot of simmering water (just an inch or two of water at the bottom is all you need), and allow the chocolate to melt. You can keep the chocolate heated up this way to allow you plenty of time to coat the cake pops! Watch the video here to see how to coat the cake pops in steps.
As a cute party idea, take a piece of green construction paper and draw a football field on the paper. Then cut a piece of styrofoam to the size of the construction paper and glue the paper to the top. Poke the cake pop sticks into the styrofoam holder to hold the cake pops upright.
Here’s the recipe for the football cake pops:
Your favorite cake recipe or box mix (prepared according to instructions)
Buttercream frosting or can of frosting
2 Chocolate bars or chocolate candy melts
1) After cake is cooked and cooled, crumble into a bowl.
2) Mix a half cup of frosting until the mixture becomes like a dough (crumbly and moist). Add more frosting if needed. Place the other half cup of frosting into a piping bag (save for drawing the lines on the football at the end).
3) Roll mixture into football shapes and place on wax paper covered plate or cookie sheet (which ever will fit in your freezer. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
4) Dip the end of the lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and insert into the cake balls (Insert just about halfway.)
5) Dip the cake ball into the candy coating by holding the lollipop stick and rotating until covered. Once covered remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off.
6) Insert stick into styrofoam block to dry completely.
7) Cut the end of the piping bag off and draw the lines on the football.
Pass these football cake pops out on Superbowl Day and Enjoy!
SWEETIE PIE AND CUPCAKES FAVORITE FOOTBALL THEMED PARTY PRODUCTS